Showered with Love

Journal entry dated November 21, 2000 - The shower was amazing.  All of our family and friends gathered together an gave us so many wonderful gifts.  It was so touching to see how this child has brought together so much love into one room.  At the end of the shower, Jerry arrived with Jacob, to show him off a little.  I loved watching everyone gush over him.  The night was very emotional.  Several times while I was speaking to the group, I got quite choked up.  The joy that I am feeling just came flooding out out me and into the MICROPHONE that I was holding.  I did it, you know, the "ugly cry".  But, I am glad that we got the chance to publicly profess our love for Jacob.  Afterwards, when we were loading up the car and saying our goodbyes, Jerry and I had a moment together that I will never forget as long as I live.  I climbed into the back seat with Jacob and as Jerry put his seat belt on...he looked in the rear view mirror with his big baby blues and said, "Thank you, for your perseverance and all the work you put in to making this happen.  It's because of you that we are parents".  That meant the world to me.  But it wasn't the words he spoke that affected me, it was the look in his eyes.  A look of pure gratefulness. 
*
*
Journal entry dated November 30, 2000 - On the 21st day since Jacob was born, we will be going to court.  This hearing is for our birthmother to legally relinquish her rights.  It is our understanding that if after that court date, our birthmother changes her mind at all, she would at that point need to get a lawyer to pursue her rights back.  We have our little angel, but the worry isn't over yet.  Although, our birthmother consistently told us that she has no intention of changing her mind....the fear will be there until the adoption is final.  Hopefully, it won't take long. 

Jacob loved his first Thanksgiving.   Me too.  I have never been so thankful in my life.  Praise God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOCK!

Dear Birthmother