Guardian Angel over my Shoulder

October 2004
I am standing at the nurses station looking at this sheet of paper that is asking me what my child's name will be.  I can't see her until this paperwork is signed.  Hmmm.  We touched on a name or two on the ride over, but this is a huge decision.  I can't just whip one up.  I seriously thought that this child was going to be a boy.  What should we name her?  I don't know.  We both like Elizabeth.  Nope, that's not it.  He likes Stacy......Nope, that's not it.  Every time I said a name on the way over, Jerry had some reason to shoot it down.  He kept recalling kids from his elementary years and there was some negative thought connected to the name.  I know you've heard people do that.  We all do. 

As I stood there, trying to think, my wonderful husband looks at me and says...."you decide.  I will support whatever you choose."  DUMP. (just kidding) That really didn't surprise me.  He just wants me to be happy.  In 15 years of marriage, I have learned that when he says that, he means it. 

So.... I know that my name comes from the name Amanda.  I have always loved that name.  Amanda is Latin and means, precious thing.  Perfect. It is feminine.  Its not common, but not obscure.  Somewhere in the middle.  That's IT. Amanda.  Tonight, our precious little pink angel was sent down from heaven to forever change our family.  As I wrote her full name on that sheet of paper, I got a chill down my spine.  Someone was watching over me in that moment.  Someone helped me get here to this moment.  The moment that my daughter came into the world.  Thank you Guardian Angel.  I won't let you down.  I will cherish her and keep her for as long as I live on this earth.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SHOCK!

Dear Birthmother