Hallelujah! He likes her!!!

I will tell you that since the day that our little nugget Amanda PLOPPED into our lives, things sure changed around here.  Her first year, she was this perfect little angelic bald little baby girl, whom we could not get enough of.  The boys embraced their little sister whole heartedly.....until......she turned 2.  Whoa!  We didn't know it then, but she would become a force to be reckoned with.  I don't mean this in the way that you might think.  Mostly, it was that she was going to be HEARD and NOT ignored.  Until she came, this family was...sorta geared towards....boys!  She  was about to change all of that.  She is what they call a tomboy in a princess dress.  She was not going to let either part of her be ignored.  I won't lie to you, it was tough sometimes.  Her personality was FIERCE.  She has strong mothering instincts and she practiced on the boys, which they did not take kindly to.  As she grew, I noticed that she was becoming quite competitive in sports....and everything else as well.  She wanted to kick their butts in everything and quite often did.  I still think to this day that she is the best wide receiver in our family...no joke.  Anyways, I was so worried that the boys were never going to LIKE her again.  They wished her away.....everyday.  Since the boys understood adoption and how it worked, they wanted me to call the agency and see if we could return her and try a different sister. LOL.  NO JOKE.  Cameron had had just about enough of this sister stuff.  It makes me laugh now, but I remember feeling so frustrated.  These two boys were going to be her protectors when they got older. How is that going to happen if they can't stand her?  Anyways, we adjusted through all of that and melded everyone's personalities together, but today, my heart was touched.  Jacob wanted to read my blog from the other day, because my husband mentioned it in front of him.  So, I let him. 

I saw a tear in his eye and he said, "Mom, I see Amanda in the hallway everyday because I am a Safety, and she is always helping someone.  On the playground, she helps anyone that gets hurt. I think that I am lucky to have her for my sister".  Hallelujah!!!  He likes her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOCK!

Dear Birthmother