4 weeks of Chaos

I was flipping through one of Amanda's baby journals this morning and came across a doosie of an entry.  I am so glad that I wrote this stuff down, because I forget about some cool and some not so cool stuff.  She was about 18 months old and we were in the middle of getting ready for a spring garage sale.

Amanda Baby Journal entry dated April 2, 2006 - Amanda, you are digging all the preparations for our garage sale.  I put items in a box to sell, and you take them out when I am not looking and run them upstairs to your closet.  Parting with your baby items is tough for a little chickie.  I get it.  I tend to be a pack rat.  We are a family of five and busting out of this house.  I highly doubt that there will be any more brothers or sisters coming, so we need to get rid of all the baby stuff.  We just accepted an offer on the house and are waiting for the inspection.  I can't wait to see where we end up.
**

Journal entry dated April 6, 2006 - Jerry and I had a bombshell today.  While looking for houses, we got a call from our agent.  The inspector for our sale found mold in our attic and the buyer wants to back out.  He is freaked out.  We offered to get the mold remediation done along with a warranty, but the guy is leary.  I sure hope this all works out.  I want to move out of this house.  It is too small.  Getting 3 quotes this week.
**

Journal entry dated April 10, 2006 - Mold Remediation is underway.  The kids and I moved in with Mom and Dad until it is all done.  Unfortunately, the house is back on the market and we have stopped looking for houses.  Jerry is frustrated with this whole mess.  We all are.  I keep trying to look on the bright side.  On top of everything, I got a call today that someone stole our credit card and charged a bunch of airline tickets to Belize....can you believe that.  The kids are doing well being displaced.  Mom and Dad are being great about all of this.  I guess the garage sale will have to wait awhile.  Drama, Drama, Drama.
**

Journal entry dated May 1, 2006 - It is so good to be back home and resuming all of our plans.  Hopefully, we will get another buyer for the house soon.  I hate selling a house.  Especially with 3 kids.  Tomorrow I am gonna start planning the garage sale again.  I need order.


Journal entry dated May 2, 2006 - Dear Journal.  All I can say right now is that.....the phone rang today at 1:57 pm and I looked at the caller ID....Forever Families.  I sat down, took a deep breathe, blew it out, said, Dear Lord.....give me strength.....and then, I picked it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOCK!

Dear Birthmother