Finally Home

We finally took our little Benjamin home at the end of his fourth day in the hospital.  He was finally holding his oxygen saturation level above 95 and we were so excited.  I must tell you.....I was kinda scared.  This was new territory for me.  When Cameron was born, he struggled a little to keep it up, but not like Benjamin.  I called home on the way to let everyone know that little brother was on his way and I could hear the kids screaming and jumping up and down in the background.  They were so excited.  Jerry and I were very quiet and content on that ride home.  Things were as they should be.  He looked at me and said, "we are getting pretty good at this, aren't we?".  We laughed.  Five and a half years ago, we were looking at each other, worried that we would never know the joy of taking our baby home, and here we are taking home number four.  Life is sure full of twists and turns, ups and downs and behind every cloud, we have surely found our rainbows. 
We are complete: Benjamin is Home


Now the story of how our family came to be has come full circle, but I assure you that the surprises do not stop coming.  Please continue to follow our story as we grow together as a family and I share our experiences of raising children through adoption.  These children not only have Jerry and I forever, but they will forever have their biological connection to one another.  They are little angels sent straight from heaven into our lives.  We are forever thankful to our birthmother, our agency and for an amazing community that embraced us and our journey.  Most of all to our families for their unending love and support.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOCK!

Dear Birthmother