I Chose Him


Sixteen years ago today, my lovely man surprised me with and invitation to spend the rest of my life with him. I accepted with girlish giddiness, of course. It was a Fourth of July celebration in which we had taken the opportunity to get our families together to get to know one another. We were considering taking the plunge into marriage, family, you know, the works.  I absolutely adored him. He was everything that I was hoping for.  Cool thing was.... he thought that I was sorta cool too. Anyways, he surprised me with a ring that day.    He Chose ME!  We got married two months later. We saw no reason to wait. We had a small gathering for our wedding day....our family only. It was perfect.  The next day we took off for Mackinac Island and spent 4 amazing days in a quiet, relaxing atmosphere.  I really couldn't believe that I had found "The One".  I can't ever find  anything.   I misplace everything.   Not him though.   He wasn't getting away.   I won't get all sappy, but, as look over at this man sleeping next to me, snoring and all, I still feel like the luckiest girl ever.  He Chose ME. 

He is not perfect.  He is not a mind reader.  He is not Mr. Wonderful. What he is, is my best friend.  He is my biggest fan.  He is my protector.  He is an amazing father, and not bad to look at I might add. Most of all...he gets me.  No small feat.  I have many blessings in my life, but it all starts with him.

So, sixteen years ago today, I made the best decision of my life. I Chose Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOCK!

Dear Birthmother