Big Brothers Forever

Journal Entry dated October **, 2004 - Getting ready to go to bed. Ha Ha.  This may be my last good night sleep for a while.  The house is quiet.  The boys are sleeping.  Jerry passed out immediately.  How do men do that.  Our world has just been rocked and he can fall asleep in a blink.  My mind is racing and I can't stop it.  The boys waited up for us to come home.  We told them about Amanda.  They were so excited.  They are 2 and 3 years old.  I think they were more excited about getting to stay up than anything.  I can't wait to bring her home to them.  Things are gonna get crazy around here again.  I really need some sleep.  I have been running on adrenaline all day.  How can I possibly sleep.  I called the hospital at 12:30am to check on Amanda and the very lovely nurse in the nursery said that Amanda had just taken one and a half ounces.  Woo Hoo!  No one was awake to share my excitement. The nurses have been so wonderful.  They love to see the happy stories and when they do, they relish in it, for they see so much that unnerves them.  Babies going home with teenagers or drug addicts.  They really embrace you with such warmth and generosity.  One of their volunteers made a beautiful pink blanket for Amanda.  She also knitted a cute little pink hat for her.  It is so amazing how I feel.  There is no way that I am gonna sleep.  I wish the hospital was closer, I would hop in the car and go right now.  One of the most difficult parts of this is leaving her there, but we have to get our physicals and clearances tomorrow and then we can go hang there all day.  I  can't wait. 
**
Journal Entry dated October ##, 2004 -OMG! We got to bring her home tonight.  It is 10:30pm, but we got to spend the whole day with her and then bring her home.  The boys were all over her with excitement.  She is home.  Her forever home.  What an amazing day.  It had its challenges, but we made it.  We are now a family of five.  I am so proud of my family.  I never dreamed that I would be so lucky. 


Big brothers welcome Baby Amanda home.

Big Brother Jacob


Big Brother Cameron


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOCK!

Dear Birthmother