Thank you Mommie, I could just squish you.

I had a very wonderful "adoptive " mommie moment, that I can't wait to share.


This one was between my daughter and I. She is 6 almost 7. She was having a bit of a meltdown while we were dining in a somewhat expensive restaurant while on vacation. I was operating on my very last nerve and that nerve was shredding minute by minute. She didn't like the menu. I had to "remove" her from the table to go to have a quiet "word" with her about her behavior. She was looking at me with those big watery eyes and said, "thank you Mommie, I couldn't even think, I just needed to have a timeout". Stunned, I hugged her tightly and grabbed her hand and we headed back to the table. Just before we got there, she looked up at me and said, "boy Mom, you sure do really know me, thanks, I love you so much, I could just squish you".

This moment would be meaningful to any mom, but to an adoptive mom, it is a reminder that, YOU are their mommie forever and YOU hold all those treasured secrets about them, no one else does.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOCK!

Dear Birthmother