The Gift of Life

I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know.
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.

For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
No, I didn't give you
The gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.
--- Unknown

My last few posts have been quite draining on me.  Reliving all of these moments is awesome while and the same time, it brings up all of the old wounds.  Don't get me wrong, at this point in my life, I have healed from all the turmoil that we went through.   The healing began when this amazing little boy came into our lives.  I promised God that I would share my story, in the hope that someone could feel comforted through their own journey.  I had no one to help me in understanding the rollercoaster of emotions that comes with becoming an adoptive parent.  Our journey is just beginning.  Our story has just begun.  The day that we took Jacob home, one door closed and another door opened.  So much lie ahead of us.  We had no clue.  Our world had just shifted.  We would feel and experience things that we didn't see coming.....for now, I am gonna throw myself into motherhood and be happy. Have a great weekend.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOCK!

Dear Birthmother