ever evolving embrace

Summer
 2009
Our family is constantly evolving. The kids absolutely adore their birth brother who happens to have a different mommy and daddy. We are getting to know him and his lovely parents on a regular basis. Baby I has become an important part of my children's future and he shares the same past. Fortunately for us, M&M share the same feelings as Jerry and I do, about keeping them all together...forever.


I won't lie. It has been difficult in many ways. Baby I could be my Amanda's twin. Not only in their looks, but in their spirits. They both have a fire burning inside of them to live life with gusto. The kids had a tough time as well after the first few visits. They wanted to take him home with us every time....me too.   Over time they have accepted things as they are, and they couldn't love him more. M&M and Baby I have become family to all of us. 


Secretly, I hope for another baby to come for M&M. I know that sounds crazy, but then he won't be alone. That is the thought that haunts me. What if he was the last one? How do I explain to him that he is the only one that we didn't adopt. I mean, it isn't impossible that it could happen, right?  There have been five babies, that none of ever saw coming, so it could happen.  Yes, I know that he is going to have a wonderful life and he has his birth siblings in his life, but those thoughts keep popping up in my mind.


Moving forward...
Jerry and I are truly blessed with these 4 children and now, thankfully, we get to share in the life of this 5th little angel and watch him grow and bond with his siblings. When I see baby I with M&M, my heart is lifted at seeing the joy in their eyes. I know that the three of them belong together.  Little Baby I is healthy, happy and loved by so, so many

One of my favorite quotes....


Our family is a circle of love and strength. With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love. Every obstacle faced together makes the circle stronger."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOCK!

Dear Birthmother