Thank You Heroes of America

Days like today, remind me of all that I have come through in my quest for motherhood. Memorial Day has always been a tradition for my family. We always attend our community parade, which brings out thousands of people. War veterans, servicemen, red, white and blue every where you look. The kids decorate their bikes and ride in the parade. Brownie, Daisy and Boy Scout troops proudly march to the beat of our very own high school band. The tap dancing elderly ladies, (that was new this year). Baseball teams and County fair princess in decorated floats line the streets. I can't forget all the local firetrucks as well, blowing those horns. I love it. Every hot, sticky moment of it. Families everywhere. The smell of hot dogs, and fresh popped popcorn wafting through the heavy summer air. Tattooed little faces show their Memorial Day Spirit. I look around at all the familiar faces and some not so familiar faces, but all were there to celebrate our heroes and share in the pride for our country. A valuable experience for all. These are the moments that remind me that we are blessed in this country. We are blessed to have the freedom to have dreams and to go out and achieve them. Days like today remind me that Jerry and I had a dream.....and we are living it. We have 4 amazing children, who bring joy to our lives daily and we share them with an incredible community. Thank you to all who fought for our country, so that we can make our dreams come true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOCK!

Dear Birthmother