They Fell

October 2008

One of the most awkward moments of my life.  I picked up the phone, my hands were shaking. I heard this very nervous voice say, "Hi, this is Monica's friend". 

The agency went ahead and put M&M in the group of families that were shown to our birthmother.  They told me that if she chooses them for one of her top three, then they can mention to her that we have a connection to that family.  She chose them. 

When M&M called me, they were on their way to the hospital to see the baby.  It felt weird.  I wanted to tell her a million things, but I have never met this woman and I've been on that car ride to the hospital when your mind is racing and you are realizing the magnitude of how your life is about to change drastically.  So, advice from this crazy woman (me), is the last thing you need.   All that I needed to do really, was to comfort her in her place of fear, mixed with excitement.  We talked for several minutes and by the time I hung up with her, I felt like a had just met and amazing woman.  We exchanged information and hung up.  She said that she would call me back to get to know each other better.  I felt this HUGE sigh of relief. 

I still couldn't concentrate, because, I wanted to be at the hospital, but it wasn't my place.  He will be their son...if they can get past the pain that they hold in their hearts from their recent misfortune with adoption. 

I just prayed and
 prayed for them to find peace in their hearts and to FALL  in love with him IMMEDIATELY....


They fell, head over heels.

Do you believe in Devine Intervention?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHOCK!

Dear Birthmother